Sunday 12 February 2012

Not exactly a review...


I'm just about to buy it... I'll let you know if a half baked ics desire can pull it off asap.
Check out "GTA 3"
===================

Ok... It's been about a week now and I've had the opportunity to try out GTA 3 on a couple of Android devices. First on my desire running BCM ICS, and then on my huwei ideos s7.

On the desire the playability is pretty low, and any kind of multi touch causes the controls to vanish and the game effectively stops. This cold be the fault of bcm or running ics with pseudo multi touch instead of real multi touch. That being said, if the controls worked it would be quite playable and seemed to render quite well.

On the tablet the experience was considerably better, sort of. It renders quite well although it is still a bit laggy in some situations. The multi touch issue is also moot as the tablet only has a single point capacitive screen.

Having only one touch point means the controls are fiddly (lots of rocking between accelerating and turning) and it is impossible to run and shoot at the same time, there is some consolation to be had with auto-aim taking care of aiming for me. I think that even with the limitations if i pull out my best moves it will be possible to clock the game and I'm sure going to have fun trying.

What are you waiting for... Check out GTA III on the Android market now! And let me know how your device handles it below.

No comments:

Post a Comment